Patternmaker – Maternity Cover
We are looking for an experienced Patternmaker with excellent technical skills in pattern manipulation, grading & garment construction, with a calm manner & exceptional time management skills for a maternity leave cover position.
A proven ability in design research, development & fit is required as you will working alongside our designers & expected to contribute technical & creative knowledge.
This is a varied & practical hands-on role in a fast paced, creative industry environment. Kowtow is a global, sustainable and ethical clothing label. Kowtow is stocked in over 250 stores worldwide. We present our collections each season in Copenhagen, Berlin, Paris, London, New York, Melbourne and Wellington.
This role is based in our Wellington workroom.
- Pattern-make woven & knit garments on PAD system from a sketch or block as supplied by Head Designer
- Alter check accuracy & grade PAD patterns reporting to Senior Patternmaker
- Liaise with Production Manager on manufacturing requirements. Provide accurate pattern & garment specifications, including Illustrator files, for Specification / Tech Packs for submission to manufacturers
- Cut & construct toiles. Assist Head Designer at garment fittings
- Attend garment fittings providing excellent knowledge in fit and technical solutions
- Measure & quality control sample & bulk garments
- Analyse fabric performance and apply to pattern manipulations
- Assist with general workroom tasks as required
- Minimum 3 years industry experience in patternmaking preferably using CAD patternmaking system
- Extensive knowledge & proven ability in garment construction. Sound understanding & experience in sampling and production processes
- Relevant tertiary qualification including CAD pattern training preferred
- Demonstrate an active interest in fashion, art and trends
- Experience in woven and knit garments
- Extremely well organised
- Must have initiative, commonsense and a good eye for detail
- Mac literate. Proficient in Illustrator
- This is not a graduate position
Ideally you also understand what sustainability means and live a conscious lifestyle.
Hours: 40 hrs per week Monday to Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
This is a full-time, fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close 1st May 2019.
Please email your cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com.