Senior Graphic Designer
We are looking for an experienced Senior Graphic Designer with an inspiring ability to create beautiful visuals and drive the development of our brand identity.
This is a creative role which requires design and execution from concept to finished production. You will enjoy working in a fast paced environment and inherently understand how to balance creative demands with detailed execution and purpose, pushing creative boundaries and ensuring that all design produced aligns with our aesthetic.
You will have extensive and current knowledge of design trends across graphics, fashion, art and culture and have an innovative eye for style, minimalism and composition.
Based in central Wellington, you’ll join our marketing team and report to our Creative Director.
Kowtow is a global, sustainable and ethical clothing label. We present our collections each season in Copenhagen, Berlin, Paris, New York, Tokyo, Melbourne and Wellington. For more information please visit www.kowtowclothing.com
- Design & execute, from concept to completion, all e-commerce, digital, packaging, print & sales requirements.
- Develop engaging and consistent graphic design content for all marketing platforms and campaigns using illustration, typography, photography and video production.
- Lead conceptual and design thinking on website look and feel.
- Develop layouts for home pages, categories, banners, email newsletters and social media platforms.
- Assist Creative and Art Directors in developing seasonal campaigns and shoots.
- Manage & liaise with external vendors as required.
- Manage graphic design team workflow, liaising across marketing, sales & design departments, ensuring requirements of creative briefs are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Ensure all graphic design assets are continually improved and kept up to date, relevant and inspirational in-line with the Kowtow aesthetic and identity.
Skills and experience:
- 5 years minimum commercial graphic design experience preferably in-house and/or freelance.
- Visual communication / Graphic Design degree.
- Advanced ability in Adobe CS, Excel and Word including scripts and automated tasks.
- HTML / CSS knowledge.
- Ability in commercial studio photography & video - product shots and image retouching.
- Illustration ability.
- Proven experience in print production and pre-press.
- Team management experience.
- Positive, reliable and flexible with a can-do attitude and excellent time management skills.
Ideally you also understand what sustainability means and live a conscious lifestyle.
Hours: 40 hrs per week Monday to Friday, 8am – 4.30pm.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please email your cover letter, portfolio and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications closing date: 4th October 2019.