Head of Sales
We are looking for an experienced Head of Sales to lead our global expansion across online and retail and help shape our international sales growth strategies.
As a senior level manager you have the ability and experience to develop and implement strategic sales plans that grow our customer base across local and international markets and you love the challenge of maximising sales opportunities to meet and exceed growth targets.
As a leader you bring strong and positive communication skills to motivate and drive your team, foster talent, build capability and you know how to effectively collaborate across departments and external stakeholders to support our next stage of global growth.
This role is based at our head office in Wellington with leadership responsibility across our New Zealand wholesale, online and retail teams, sales offices in Melbourne and London and agents in New York and Tokyo.
Kowtow’s mission is to create positive change globally through our sustainable and ethical practises in the fashion industry. Founded by Gosia Piatek in 2006 we now have over 200 wholesale partners worldwide and our own online and retail stores. We present our collections each season in Copenhagen, Berlin, Paris, New York and across Australia and New Zealand. For more information please visit www.kowtowclothing.com
- Research and develop strategic sales growth opportunities including key account management.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- Set seasonal sales targets & expense budgets with Managing Director.
- Report weekly / monthly / annually on sales department’s performance to target for all sales channels.
- Manage pricing structure across all sales regions, track & report on margin by collection and region to Managing Director.
- Manage buying across all channels, collate sales orders to support forecasted sales targets.
- Ensure improvements to sales systems are forward thinking and innovative, identify new sales trends ahead of the curve.
- Manage the sales calendar in co-ordination with Marketing including launches, promotions, exclusives and campaign activities.
- Ensure customer fulfilment requirements are meet and excellent customer service is maintained.
- Manage sales teams across regions to meet sales targets within budget including recruitment, KPIs and appraisals.
- Ensure accurate and relevant reporting, efficient team structure and capabilities.
- Create a culture of success, supporting ongoing business and goal achievement.
- Play a mentorship role within the sales department, assisting them in the execution of duties and developing their professional skills.
- Build strong relationships with external partners and regularly interact with them as a representative of the company.
- Implement sales strategies that support our mission and drive sustainable revenue growth.
- Lead sales management team in strategic direction and support them in the creation and implementation of regional sales action plans that deliver growth goals.
- Ensure our market placement is aligned to mission and strategy.
- Utilize analytics tools to report on detailed sales performance analysis, for the purpose of assessing sales strategy successes, weaknesses, and opportunities.
- Research and analyse stock levels across multiple style categories to ensure all sales channels have sufficient stock levels to achieve set targets and margin.
- Analyse & report seasonal sales information to senior managers to support collection and product development, drive sales, conversion and brand mission.
- Understand the market for our product and create tailored, unique sales material with our Marketing team to maximise performance.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has extensive senior level sales management experience.
- Proven track record of delivering outstanding growth in sales, reaching targets & maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Has international sales experience in the fashion industry and / or selling a brand or product on a global stage.
- Outstanding leadership skills with experience in inspiring high performance teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills including strong analytical, numerical and reporting ability.
- Must be flexible, open to change, able to demonstrate initiative & problem solving ability.
- Mac literate & mastery of Microsoft Office.
- Stock management and B2B experience, ideally using Cin7 and Joor.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and juggle multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, creatively-driven environment.
- An understanding of the Kowtow customer and alignment with our aesthetic and mission.
Ideally you also understand what sustainability means and live a conscious lifestyle.
Hours : Permanent, full time. Monday – Friday 8am – 4.30pm
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close 1st December 2019
Please note, only applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org