Head of Marketing
You are a marketing expert with a passion for driving business growth through creative thinking to global consumers.
This role requires extensive knowledge of multi-channel markets and management experience in leading strategic development and execution across visual, brand and marketing initiatives.
You will thrive in fast paced environments with a meticulous eye for detail and a strong appreciation of aspirational fashion. A proven ability in successfully growing and marketing products and creative brands internationally is essential, particularly with experience in Australian and US markets.
This is a new role, previously performed by the founder, working alongside a dynamic management and creative team. Our head office is based in Wellington but we would consider a remote working with regular travel to Wellington for the ideal candidate.
Kowtow is a global, sustainable and ethical clothing label. We present our collections each season in Copenhagen, Berlin, Paris, New York, Melbourne and Wellington.
In this role you will be expected to use both the left and right parts of your brain and should be as comfortable with the science of marketing as the art of it. You must be able to work at both a strategic level, generating bold and imaginative ideas for brand and audience growth, and at a tactical level working with your team to optimize channel and region specific activities based on data analysis and impact.
- Lead marketing & visual communications team while developing a long-term plan for team structure and growth.
- Develop and manage global marketing budgets in conjunction with robust seasonal & future brand marketing strategies, assessing individual channel marketing plans against required resources and aligning priorities with the overall business calendar and goals.
- Ensure that the Kowtow brand is consistently delivered across every user touchpoint from the website and social media to events and everything in between.
- Leverage your extensive experience to work alongside the Creative Director and deliver on brand visual campaigns, with a measurable impact on audience growth across all platforms and regions.
- Implement insights of industry landscape, competitor activity, innovation and trends.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has senior level marketing and communications experience building a brand on a global stage.
- Excellent organisation, communication, interpersonal and project management skills.
- EExtremely well developed creative and analytical skills.
- High performance under pressure and a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Outstanding leadership skills with a track record of inspiring high performance teams.
- A creative mindset with a proven ability in executing innovative ideas and solutions.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude, with flexibility and ‘outside the box’ thinking.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop & InDesign a plus.
Ideally you also understand what sustainability means and live a conscious lifestyle.
Hours: Permanent, full time.
Applications close 16th Feb 2016.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.